- 包容 由我们的活动, 有意的, ongoing and collective efforts to create a community that embraces difference and that welcomes, 方面, supports and values every individual or group. 包容 entails our desire to work toward a campus climate that fosters a sense of belonging, relationship building and community building across difference.
- 多样性 is defined as our acknowledgment and embrace of the full range of psychological, 物理, and social differences that exist within and outside the Rhodes community such as race, 种族, 国籍, 宗教, 社会阶层, 教育, 语言, 年龄, 性别, 性别表达, 性取向, 能力, 退伍军人或军人身份, 学习方式.
- 股本 refers to our efforts to 1) ensure fair treatment, 访问, 机会, and advancement; 2) identify and eliminate barriers that have prevented the full participation and recognition of some groups; and 3) correct historical and current imbalances in providing effective opportunities to historically underserved and underrepresented populations.
- 可访问性 consists of our efforts to ensure that our facilities are readily usable by all members of our community; that classes, programs and activities are presented or provided in such a way that all members can participate, with or without auxiliary aid(s); and that print materials and electronic resources are available in 访问ible format for anyone who uses assistive technology.
- 策略 involve our collective plan for determining how resources should be created and allocated to accomplish our goals in a coordinated, 系统和有意的方式. 策略 encompass our efforts to ensure that our inclusion, 多样性, equity and 访问ibility work is comprehensive and institutionalized.
综上所述, our multifaceted concerns and approach are referred to as our IDEAS (包容, 多样性, 股本 and 可访问性 策略) framework. The current efforts and initiatives highlighted below will be encompassed in our three-year IDEAS plan and will be updated regularly. 与包容相关的挑战, 多样性, equity and 访问ibility have been identified via campus commissions, 咨询报告, stakeholder interviews and institutional data.
你可以 下载三年IDEAS计划 PDF格式.